Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Five Minutes Before I Fall Asleep

Will my suitcase get here tomorrow?

I forgot how much I liked listening to Tea Leaf Green.

I shouldn't have eaten right before bed. My tummy's protesting again and if Mom was here she'd be so upset with me, so disappointed that I'm not trying harder to be a better, prettier, skinnier daughter. Sidebar: Try harder to be a better, prettier, skinnier daughter.

The lingering smoke is irritating my lungs. I can't believe the fire department was in here today. I can't believe we had to air out the house when it was -10 degrees outside.

This vacation hasn't been exactly what I wanted/needed but I can't say it hasn't been adventurous.

I don't know how long it's been since we talked, or how long it will be, but I find myself wondering if he thinks about it as much as me.

Being back here makes me nostalgic. Winter wonderland scenes. Falling.
Jenny Lake,
Hot springs.

I can't wait to ride the dog sleds.

I hope my suitcase gets here with all my winter gear in it.

The fire wasn't B's fault since the flue wouldn't open. I wish he wouldn't be so hard on himself. He's such a good kid.

If Lundqvist doesn't do better he won't win the Vezina this year.

My tummy feels funny. I really shouldn't have eaten right before bed. It wasn't even that good.

I am too soft in places I shouldn't be. Too small in places I shouldn't be.

If they lose my suitcase, I'm going to have to buy new clothes. Maybe I should forget about the skiing then.

I shouldn't try too hard to get over the jet lag. I need to go right back to work the day after I get back to NY.

These covers always slip down during the night. Maybe I should stop sleeping topless, it gets so cold too.

Welsh Corgis are the funniest looking dogs.

It's really nice of him to treat me to a day at the spa considering how unrelaxing this vacation has been. It's not even his fault. Well, not most of it anyway.

I hope my suitcase gets here tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice. So fitting too. It's amazing how much goes through ones head when lying in bed at night. If we thought that much all day I think we'd go insane.

Hope the vacation? is going well